View Single Post
      03-31-2014, 08:37 AM   #22
Rumpelstilskin
Rep
Drives: MG M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentinbmw View Post
Nice car, IMO oyster leather looks mighty elegant, i can see that you have the snap in for the iphone 5, do you have the serial number of that part?, i ask my dealership here and he told me it wasn't available for the 235 just yet and he wouldn't sell me the snap in for other model since he said that it wouldn't work on the 235.
Thanks for asking. I knew a lot of people were interested but forgot to include that in my original post. The part number for the iPhone 5 Snap-In Adapter Connect is 84 21 2 351 308.

For those of you waffling because of the price, I recommend you bite the bullet and go for it. The phone sound quality is the best I've heard in a car (especially for those on the other end of the call) and the Connected Drive features, primarily Pandora in my experience, sound great even though the UI is a bit cumbersome. It's much better than Bluetooth because the phone signal source is the car's antenna, not the phone's, plus the phone battery is charged while sitting in the cradle.

Some quick caveats:

* I have grandfathered unlimited data on my iPhone. I don't know if Pandora data usage is an issue for people with limited plans, or even if Pandora uses an excessive amount of data.

* I have the tech package. I don't know if that is required to enable anything that I described.

* The somewhat cumbersome UI that I described may be because I don't know the best way to access Pandora. (I know there are several ways to achieve the same things.) I'll post the question in the techie thread when I have a few minutes to remember all my steps.
Appreciate 0