View Single Post
      10-05-2020, 07:40 PM   #29
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanuKeeyes View Post
Ok, I did it. The last purchase of the season. 17x8 TRMototsports C4’s with 245/40/17 square R-S4’s
Now I am DONE spending money and on to learning how to drive and having some fun! — Speaking of learning how to control the car in its various setups, what is the learning curve like switching from a street tire to something like the R-S4? Am I going to have that surprise loss of traction moment because they don’t squeal at you like road tires do? What about the fact my last 4 events will likely be on pretty cold days? Either way, I’m excited to not destroy my all seasons, especially as they’re staggered and relatively new.
I run the RS-4's. Don't worry, they still squeal. A bit. The biggest difference you will notice is the sharpness of turn-in.

Also keep in mind that the tire pressures on this class of tire is different than a typical street tire. Aim for ~35psi hot. (Use the tire display, so useful for this.) If you let them get into the 40 psi range they don't stick as well, and will slide more (and squeal more). (This is based on my experience, and my brother who races them with Lemons cars. Your experience may differ.)
Appreciate 1