View Single Post
      03-24-2022, 01:17 PM   #88
PeanuKeeyes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E34 | MX5

Crashed my Miata already!

Yeaaaah I know… It’s not a Miata forum but I wanted to keep a few of you (you know who you are), in the loop. Already in my 3rd year of DE’s, crazy.

Lime Rock last weekend was a wash out — pouring rain, with the track having not seen any action since last fall. In addition, it was my first track day with the Miata after working on it over the winter getting it ready. Running RT660’s with a Koni suspension and a decent spec-Miata inspired alignment. Kirkey race seat, harness, Hans. So it’s a step more race car than the 2 series but still pretty much stock otherwise.

Long story short, was held up in traffic so I pitted and got a gap, went back out and got a good rhythm going. Next thing I knew I was coming into turn 6 pretty hot and I buried my foot into the brakes and was instantly punished for forgetting a very important Miata detail: No ABS. — locked up, hydroplaned about 200 feet or whatever and very lightly destroyed the driver fender against the barrier. Oops! Hammered it out at the paddock to get back the wheel clearance and put in a few more sessions. Typical Miata owner stuff lol.

So what’s the damage? $100 for a new fender with shipping and my buddy down the road will do a 2 stage paint job on it for $150. Gotta love Miata’s.

Headed back to Lime Rock soon with NASA and I’ll be bringing out the 2 series again by mid summer for Club Motorsports.

The RS4’s are soon to be retired. Any new tire recommendations?

Edit: added photo of post-new fender install $250 all-in
Attached Images

Last edited by PeanuKeeyes; 03-27-2022 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 3
msendit424.00
ggggbmw432.50
AmuroRay2282.50