09-10-2021, 12:23 AM   #81
PeanuKeeyes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E34 | MX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by msendit View Post
Oh noes, we lost another one to the Miata cult! :-P
Just kidding, seems like a nice well-kept NA. I'm sure you'll enjoy the snot out of it. Keep us posted on your track adventures, eh? That means you'll sell the 2er, after all this work repairing it?

Coincidentally, I just did a weekend constantly switching between spec miata races and TT in my M240, and decided to take the opposite fork and race the 2er next season. To each their own.
Haha yeah, it’s funny that this long thread ends with a Miata as “the answer,” but as much as I love to defend the 4-popper N20, the 240’s B58 just ain’t comparable, and I can understand your decision, especially considering the other mods you’ve done to the suspension.

I’m not willing to take the 228i to the level necessary to get that same feeling. It’s a good engine, the N20, and a great chassis. I will enjoy *both* cars on the street and on the track for years to come.

So no.. not selling. The 228i is still going to see the track and I’ll still drive it into the ground as a daily. I ordered the 13lb wheels, 205/50/15 - 200 tw Dunlop tires and getting ready to start adapting to spec Miata restrictions. If I ever get to racing, I will likely buy a fully built spec Miata. This red NA will get me familiar with the chassis though, and the Dunlop tires mounted and balanced from Tire Rack ran me $1,000 — Already appreciating the price differences for parts compared with the 2 series.

So a year and 4 pages later… E36 vs 228i beginner track car? …….. Nah, Miata.
dradernh4413.00