View Single Post
      09-08-2021, 10:50 PM   #79
PeanuKeeyes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E34 | MX5

Today was a fork in the road. My car accident last month has cost the insurance company $14k and still requires parts to arrive from Germany. I will be picking it up (maybe) by next week.

In this time away from the car and from the track, I’ve decided to change it up a bit. Having spent a few events riding shotgun in Miatas of various setups driven by fantastic drivers, I am convinced that it’s the option that makes the most sense for me going forward. The connection to the road is insane and I’m afraid the 228i just has never conveyed a similar level of excitement. It’s competent and poised but just not really that thrilling. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the thing and know I haven’t come close to exploring it’s limits, but it’s time for a more tried and true formula and I can’t wait to see how this Miata feels around a circuit.

THIS… is a 1996 NA Miata hardtop, 1.8L, swapped 6 speed / 3.63 Torsen LSD with Koni yellow adjustable suspension and a Koyo radiator. Stock power, stock exhaust with the exception of a high flow cat by Flyin Miata. And it’s perfect.
I’ve never seen a Miata like this before. It is completely rust free. The owner has a 5” binder of history and was planning to do a K-swap but needed to downsize the fleet. - my only slight gripe is that the 6 speed / final drive ratio makes it feel even slower without the bigger engine swapped in, but hey, it’s a Miata.

The plan for this car is basically roll bar, harness, tires, pads, bushings, done. Eventually some coilovers but it’s hard to imagine this will ever become a full race car / specMiata build. Like the 228i, this is more of a clubsport type. I’m gonna drive the crap out of it though so we’ll see what happens…
Attached Images

Last edited by PeanuKeeyes; 09-08-2021 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 4
aerobod3625.50
dradernh4413.00
WolfGTI716.00
AmuroRay2282.50