View Single Post
      03-24-2023, 12:44 PM   #7
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
But also from your post I might understand you clean your cars maybe with just 1 bucket anyways and swirl prevention isn't that important? Is your car polished and all that?
LOL, good point. I consider myself (just ask my wife!) pretty OCD but I can't hold a candle to a lot of "detailing enthusiasts" as I call them, with their 27-bucket method that uses 6 different kinds of towels and takes a day and a half if they don't stop to eat or sleep.

One bucket works fine, the cars (and the wash water) are never really dirty enough to worry about, and since these are all drivers, left outside at work and used regardless of the weather, they do develop some swirls in the paint from my frequent washing and drying.

And yes, they do get polished but it's more of a semi-annual clay and wax regimen with only occasional polishing as needed on really bad horizontal surfaces. If I polished my cars every time they "needed it" I'd end up with nothing but primer after a few years.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0