Thread: Foam cannon?
View Single Post
      03-24-2023, 10:50 AM   #6
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Haha yeah, so this is IMO a pretty debated topic and a lot of times it's really based on preference you know.

Do you need one? I would say no, not at all even for safe washing and to have no swirls. I'd say the main thing about foam cannons is they are fun. And arguably can help loosen more stuff.. But it's also going to depend on your soap, if you use a soap designed for foam cannons with high cleaning (usually a higher PH) that will do a lot of work for example CarPro Lift or Koch Chemie have some to. But since I personally prefer more doing more rinse less washes my foam cannon has not been used as much.

But also from your post I might understand you clean your cars maybe with just 1 bucket anyways and swirl prevention isn't that important? Is your car polished and all that? If not then I can see a foam cannon helping you out in speeding your whole process. Foam, touch with your mitt and rinse. But if doing 2 bucket wash with the usual proper ways, foam cannon IMO seems to actually slow my time down without providing many benefits, unless of course using a higher PH soap like Lift mentioned previously for a "pre-wash" on like a really caked on car.
Appreciate 1
LuvMyE923000.00