View Single Post
      05-05-2021, 09:56 PM   #5
BMWHoosier
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyrx7 View Post
I'm very fortunate to have found a still customizable allocation for an M240i. Just locked in a deal this morning.

Time will tell, but reading the tea leaves indicates little chance that anything but the M2 version of the revised 2 series will be offered with a manual transmission.

IMO, the M240 is the best daily/street driver's car in the range while the M2 is best for those who like to track their cars. Given this view, decided to pull the trigger for what I believe will be one of the last non-full m-cars BMW sells in the US with a manual trans.

My spec is:

Alpine White
Coral Leather
Wood trim
Premium Package
Adaptive LED
Cerium wheels with performance non-run flat
and of course, a manual trans

Considered doing LBB with Congac interior but in the end felt that AW with Coral is a more classic look.

Also debated wireless charging and HK sound but forum comments were negative on both. Wanted black kidney grills but they were not available.
Wireless charging does add several features beyond wireless charging. No GPS disables many other features. I really think you will get the black kidney grills when it comes. There is nothing "of course" about a manual trans....purely personal preference.

It will be an exciting time when it comes....pure hell waiting.
Appreciate 0