Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i MSport

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by POMFKIMOCHI View Post
How do you like the bav sound ghosts? Did you get the amp at the same time? Do you think the amp is worth getting as well? (I have hifi). Thanks in advance!
Honestly the amp is more worth it than the woofers. The woofers improved the muddled base response a to where I could actually hear and feel it a bit. The amp felt like I replaced every speaker in the car instead. Without it the treble was too punchy and the mid range was dead. I had the treble turned down almost all the way and the bass turned up a few clicks on in the settings just for it to be bearable. Once I installed the amp everything went nearly to center and sounds much more full bodied. The treble is still a bit sharp but it's not punchy anymore. This weekend I plan to finally get around to disconnecting the center speaker and see if that fixes the problem.

I don't know if I could justify the extra cost to replace the entire system for stage 1 speakers without hearing how much of an improvement that would really make. I am happy with how it is now, so I don't really intend to try and find out.
Appreciate 0