View Single Post
      12-05-2014, 10:31 PM   #54
dan84
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Tundra SR5 CrewMax 5.7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynotony View Post
I have friends who at 22 got M3s and 911s, and in 3 years they just wanted something better and faster. They could technically afford it, fine, but they're now 30 and have run out of room to upgrade. Where do you go when a 911 turbo doesn't excite you, but you only make $150-200k/year? You end up spending lots of money constantly switching cars.
I wouldn't mind having that problem! But seriously, why does it have to be a linear progression in terms of vehicle cost? My uncle who has owned everything from Golf GTI's to 911 Turbos didn't work his way up from the bottom. He went from a Mustang GT to a Mazdaspeed 3 to a 911 to an Audi S4 and he's currently waiting for the new Golf R to come out. If you're really a car guy and not an e-peen masseuse you don't look at the sticker price to establish a fun factor.

Personally, I'm glad I got a few fun cars out of my system when I was young and single, before I decided to start a family. The relationship+marriage+kid process rarely leaves time and money for an irresponsible fun car. Let alone not having to ask permission to spend $50grand on a car that only I will enjoy! lol
Appreciate 0