View Single Post
      10-22-2020, 07:06 PM   #11
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by harma24 View Post
While I love music and always have the radio on when I'm driving, am I the only one who doesn't care that the sound system isn't as good as my home theater system while I'm driving with the engine rev'd up and tire/wind noise generated by flying down the highway (usually in excess of the speed limit)?
That's certainly my position. I've built a couple of very satisfactory home theater/music systems, and while I'd love to have a system in my car that walks the dog, I'm not willing to pay for it – nor do I believe the car can be made quiet enough to enable me to enjoy my favorite parts of a piece like Pachelbel's Canon. That's just not in the cards.

I'd rather listen to what the car's telling me, anyway, so I'll suffer through the brightness of the pop pieces I tend to listen to on the highway.

I think the base system is remarkably poor for a $45K+ car; however, full props to BMW for knowing what they can and can't do with these cars to keep costs down and profits up. They're certainly very good at the latter; I've lost track, but I believe BMW was twice first in worldwide profits in the latter half of the 2010s. That bodes well for them making a successful marque-wide transition from purely ICEs to hybrids/electrics. For me, I'll be sticking with my M240i for the duration.
Appreciate 0