CarbonLion
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '15 228i

Garage List
2015 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermpls View Post
Hey! So I have an F30 and the front electronic module says “coding data invalid”. I’m on a new phone and my older iPhone 10 has a cracked screen. Anyone know which folders I can copy from an iPhone onto my now iPhone XR where I just downloaded bimmer code for the first time?

I have to go to the dealership and I want to restore everything since I am dreading that I may have the n20 timing chain issue . I have a 2013 F30 MY 2012.

I just want to restore EVERYTHING to factory for now but I used another phone of mine initially and now that has a cracked screen and I need help moving over initial settings or maybe someone can give me another workaround to get to basic f30 settings.

Much much appreciated. I would hate for them to refuse service on the timing chain issue(should it be faulty) simply because I coded it.
I don't have a solution for your iPhone question but my dealer just performed my timing chain replacement per the TSB. FWIW I have LCI tail retrofit (with Bimmercode coding req's), ASD delete, modified EQ curve, M startup animation on screen, all activated via Bimmercode and they honored the warranty fix.

The timing chain/oil pump drive fix should be solely determined by the whining noise recordings/model year and engine requirements from BMW per the TSB. I assumed the Bimmercode changes would be low risk and it worked out; just some peace of mind if you don't find an answer for your questions....perhaps an IDrive software flash from the factory files would revert your Bimmercode changes?