View Single Post
      06-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #1
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

2022 BIR Sommer Schnell HPDE

This is from the 2022 Sommer Schnell HPDE put on by the BMWCCA Northstar chapter at Brainerd International Raceway.

This event really showed what a good instructor can do for you. I had kind of plateaued, and wasn't even matching my times from last year. But my instructor worked with me on places where I could apply more throttle, and I ended up with a new personal best of 1:56.7. More than 2 seconds faster than my previous best time.

These laps are from later in the day, but both are still 1:57 laps. These are more fun to watch though because I'm catching and passing another car. A car I was not catching on Friday. And dang that white Veloster N was fast. But at least he wasn't pulling away any more. If I didn't love RWD so much, I would be more inclined to look at a hot hatch as my next car.

Using a windshield suction mount for my GoPro for the first time this weekend. I love the better view of the track. Definitely more immersive to watch, and you can see my line better. But I can't see when I'm making lazy/tired mistakes with my steering. Also added a Dual external GPS as a data source. Really cleaned up the data gathering in Track Addict.

Appreciate 0