View Single Post
      02-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #75
Bimmer-Mac
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340xi M-Sport

Hmmm...not in love with the styling on this thing. The slant in the nose seems very awkward in photos, and seems much too steep.

Besides that criticism, there are some details that are very nice. For example, I like the little inset above where the foglight grilles are-makes the "line" details more prominent, which I think will stand out even more with a darker color. Also, the double edge of the kidney grille is kind of cool. I didn't notice it the first time I looked at the photos, but upon closer look, you can see the chrome edge fits into a larger black one.

In my eyes, the interior is really well done. The seats look very comfortable, something that should replace the base/Luxury/Modern line seats in the 3-Series. I am very interested to hear BMW's reasoning for having the leather perforations be on the seat back and headrest, and not on the seat base. The leather and Sensatec everywhere makes this MPV seem very upmarket- The center counsel is a neat new design from BMW, and I think it works fairly well.

I look forward to seeing what the M-Sport line has in store for this vehicle.

Oh, and WHAT THE HECK WAS BMW THINKING naming this a 2-Series? It should have been the 1-Series. To me, it messes with their whole new naming scheme.
Past: 2019 540i xDrive, 2016 340i xDrive, 2013 BMW 335i xDrive, 2014 428xi 'vert, 2010 VW CC 2.0T, 2008 Audi Q7 4.2 Premium
Appreciate 0