View Single Post
      07-22-2021, 09:27 AM   #34
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Can we bag on the young and clueless with their phones?

Last Friday, I'm coming home from my massage, taking back roads in the Beetle. This "young lady" comes up behind me, plugs in her ears, eyes in her lap. At the first stop light, I want to mess with her a bit, and since Beetle is stick, I put in neutral and take my foot off the brake as she glances down at her phone. Her car starts to move forward and I go hard on the brake again. Now, *I* never moved. Drive ahead thru that light, and I have to slow at the next red. I look up in the rearview, and she suddenly has the BIG EYES as her vision moved up from her phone and I've stopped. I literally put it in neutral, took off my seatbelt, got out of car and yelled at her to put the damn phone down, gesticulating wildly at her bumper, my bumper. Then I'm so worked up I can't get the seatbelt/door combination to function, and pull over to the side of the road. So much for a relaxing massage.

Yesterday, I'm into my neighborhood. As I crossed the freeway, Joe Cool in a white merc is pulling off the freeway as I'm passing the exit. He nearly misses the stop line/side of my car. As I going down the frontage road (25MPH) I see him on his phone, but also glancing around me like he thinks he's gonna pass. There a delivery truck full in the lane ahead. As we pass that, sure enough he goes around. I put my hand out the window to slow him, he glances over at me OVER his cool mirror shades that he's not even looking thru, and MAYBE 25yo goes by, on the trying to pass the next vehicle on the curve.
Appreciate 0