View Single Post
      07-20-2021, 12:18 PM   #3
Tommysalami
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Chasebish pretty much nailed it. Iracing offers by far the best online racing, but is the most expensive. I've spent about 1k on it total over the last 10 years. To me it's worth it. It's still way way way cheaper than any real-life racing, so I don't think the subscription is that bad for the hours I get out of it. I don't bother racing online in any other sim, it just doesn't come close and there's no way to police other drivers unless you race in a league.

Assetto Corsa has a huge amount of content for very cheap and is very fun to drive. Get it with all the DLC. Great value. Race with AI and join a league if you want to race online.

The F1 games are fun and the physics are decent enough. Since you're a huge F1 fan, it's worth buying since the title has all the tracks on the calendar, which other games don't have.

The lowest budget wheel/pedal set I'd get would be the offerings from Logitech or Thrustmaster. Use those for a while and as you get more into it, save up for a direct drive wheel and load cell pedals.
Appreciate 1
Bunford10.00