Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F22,15 E84 M Sport,02 R53

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
2002 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
Sorry to hear about your car. My car is now @ 78,000 miles and still has no issue. I have never had anything but maintenance and I did not find it exorbitant (I don't go to the dealer once my warranty expired @ 50,000 miles) I wish you good luck in the future. Incidentally I was in Park City all week last week, wish I had my car out there as the rental wasn't quite the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMike View Post
While I admire your dedication to preventative maintenance, we cannot presume that it will prevent failures due to design flaws. If your goal is to get 64000 miles out of your modern passenger car while performing and paying for exorbitant maintenance, then perhaps BMW is for you. Last month I would have agreed with you and probably supported your position. This month I am driving my daughters 2003 Lexus with over 210,000 miles and no issues because my 2017 M240i totaled itself, with no warning at 51000 miles. My maintenance routine was very similar to yours; LL-01 Liqui Moly, OEM filters, coolant change with OEM coolant, all done prior to recommended intervals. However, it didn't stop my turbo from failing and destroying the motor presumably due to failed seals and foreign debris down the intake. This was most likely caused by idling the car for an extended period just prior. By the way, BMW of North America has declined to assist with any of the out of warranty repairs. Initial quote from the dealership is $31,000.
Ohlins R&T coilovers, Turner monoball thrust arms, F87 LCAs, GC camber plates, Superpro subframe bushings, Megan Racing adj. RCAs, delrin differential bushings. Stoptech BBK 6 piston (f) 4 piston (r).
Appreciate 0