View Single Post
      10-26-2016, 03:26 PM   #13
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I thought I'd update this thread after nearly two months. This issue is clearly caused by the internal clutch delay valve (CDV). By being a bit slower and careful with my clutch foot, I don't experience the issue.

Another thing, running a clutch stop seems to negatively impact around town drivability as well. I ran a homemade 3/16" thick clutch stop for quite a while to reduce the clutch throw and engagement point. Apparently the CDV and self-adjusting clutch mechanism do not like you running a clutch stop. I had become annoyed with how much I had to "think" when trying to get a smooth start with the Sport throttle mapping. It was often a very slight bog or a bit to rapid. The 1-2 shift could be a little jerky too. I've been driving manuals for decades and found this car to be by far the hardest to leave the line smoothly when trying to leave at a moderate pace. Turns out the clutch stop was the problem. I removed that last week and all the modulation issues disappeared. I guess I ran the clutch stop for so long that I forgot how the car drove prior.
Appreciate 0