View Single Post
      09-01-2016, 12:22 AM   #9
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
These turbo-charged engines offer little or no torque at idle, so that "tip-in" has to be managed carefully. The computer will not let the engine revs drop down from drag as you engage the clutch, provided you do it gradually. Get ahead of the computer a little, though, and you get exactly what you describe. One nice surprise: push the clutch pedal back in, and Auto Start/Stop gets you going again seamlessly, as if nothing had happened. Unless you've shut it off, of course.
Try driving a WRX if you want to experience a turbo car with no torque off idle or in the low rpms. In normal driving, my M235 feels like a diesel coming off the line compared to my prior 2012 WRX LOL.

For the past few days I've been driving around solely in Sport+ and the car never had a low rpm hick up. I'm starting to think what I was experiencing in the non-aggressive throttle modes is a factor of a cold engine, the CDV delay, and/or some odd throttle tuning factor. The quicker throttle apparently gets around this issue simply because the throttle is quicker perhaps skates past this glitch.

Like as noted before, these cars don't require much throttle to get going and starting out in 2nd on any sort of decline or even a 2mph roll is easy. With my WRX, i had to use 1st far more.
Appreciate 0