View Single Post
      08-27-2016, 12:07 AM   #1
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Random 1st gear stutter/stumble with 6MT

I've owned my 2016 M235 6mt for a bit over 6 months and 6k miles. I've been driving manuals for decades and have always found the 6MT in this car difficult to drive smoothly under normal driving when in Sport+ or Sport with the aggressive throttle mapping. Lately I've been driving around in DSC Off and i much prefer the linear throttle and the lack of nanny intervention. WOT 1-2 and 2-3 shifts feel much better and shifting at part throttle is much smoother and easier to modulate.

Anyway, for the past two weeks or so since I've been driving in DSC Off, I've noticed a very random stumble/stutter as I'm leaving the light normally in 1st. The stumble seems to happen just as I'm releasing the clutch fully in 1st at a very slow speed. The feels like accelerator pedal goes dead for a split second and the acceleration pauses momentarily. It lasts not even a second but it's still felt and is rather annoying. Even more annoying is how random it is. It might happen once a day. I never feel in Sport+ or Sport with the aggressive throttle mapping. Perhaps it's somewhat masked by the overly quick throttle. The issue isn't even worth noting to the dealer because it's so random right now. All other driving situations are fine. The car has no modifications.

Anyone else experience this? Is this possibly the CDV?
Appreciate 0