United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msendit View Post
Thanks! That's some quality feedback.

- completely agree about being early on T9. I still don't have the balls to get to the outside edge there on the entry without some lifting. It's gonna take a bit more confidence building. If you apex that turn late you can get on the throttle earlier. Just make sure you look for that cone at the apex and you'll get it.

- I find braking for T2 super hard. It has to be a very gentle tap on the brakes to get from 100 to 85-ish, but I always overdo it and end up closer to 80. I loved how you kinda did something similar in that Evo lap, but then just kept accelerating through the turn. Not sure I have enough rear grip without aero to pull that off, but worth a shot. -I don't brake for turn 2 in the BMW. I just lift off the throttle a little before the turn in point and let the turn naturally scrub off the speed. This is scary, but with the speeds we are carrying it is possible. Just work up to it slowly. This is also kind of a really late apex turn. I get pushed out to a low-mid line as I'm accelerating. Then bring it back in for a late apex before taking the exit line.

- I'm definitely full throttle through T6. I think I wired my data capture system to the wrong (slower) CAN bus and it keeps dropping ECU data every once in a while. This lap it dropped some channels down the Omega and pretty much all of T5-T8. But yeah, there's room to stay on the throttle later down to T5 as well.

The Evo lap looks really really good too. The only thing I could spot was the entry to T3, where I guess you can carry more speed getting in wider. - Yes, I tend to late apex there and then do a straight shot up the Omega where I then go wide at the top of the Omega. My least favorite turn on the whole track is the entry into T3 (and T5).

My setup is fairly simple: M240i with no aero, no extra power (ok, an intake) and a fair bit of work trying to dial in the suspension and tires. Haven't looked at weight since I put in seats, but probably ~3400 lbs now. 245/265 RE71r-s. Then the typical stuff that our fake Ms need to get a bit more predictable: bushings, bigger sways, diff, more spring and dampening.
-Good setup! I was on 255 RE71 square and no LSD. You definitely have some time left on the table that car.
My comments in bold above. Again, just my opinion. Your setup and comfort level should be the determining factor

Last edited by Anthony235; 01-24-2019 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0