View Single Post
      04-22-2022, 11:45 AM   #130
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
The latest move to more online cars orders has left me wondering how much of car preference is actual consumer preference? Most cars sold previously are lot cars. Dealers don't particularly care that a customer get their favorite color, but having a color that is acceptable to the largest amount of people. Now as the percentage of cars sold shifts towards orders I wonder if the color mix is changing? People who didn't have a strong enough preference to wait are now being forced to make that choice. Or course the manufacturer still has to make fun colors available, but I'd love to see the stats on ordered cars.
Yeah take my car for example, the blue cabs are almost ALL identical. Stone grey interior, "S" not base, comfort seats, no sports chrono and no PSE. Part of my consideration with this car was the Sport Chrono was installed (no clock but the sport/sport plus buttons are there and functional) and the steering wheel was upgraded, these two items are $3500 to do at retail at an indy (Porsche more).
Appreciate 0