View Single Post
      11-07-2022, 09:46 AM   #9
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
I got mine, but I was just on there yesterday and saw they were sold out.

I did see, however, that they have 4090's from other brands starting at $1,600, which is $400+ cheaper than I find on NewEgg and such for the same card.

I haven't been able to make my 3090ti even try yet though. I did get it to spin fans up a little more trying to run high specs for VR in PCIII, but even then it didn't seem to care much.
Glad you were able to get yours for an appropriate price before they sold out of them.

The catch with the advertised prices Nvidia shows on their online stores with partners is that many times the card is either not in stock or they're actually higher in price. You have to click through the links for the partners they list for a specific card to verify the status.

When I first fired up my system with the 3090 Ti installed, I thought I had a bum card as the fans wouldn't spin up. Did some reading and found out the fans won't spin up if the loading on the GPU doesn't warrant it. When I started to run through MW2 (2022), the fans did spin up.

Last edited by zx10guy; 11-07-2022 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0