bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Yeah different banks use different algorithms. Some might even have a range above 850 so your score will vary from lender to lender even if it's with the same credit bureau on the same day.
Ah, OK. Very interesting. Did not know that. Thanks!
Yeah I discovered that when I had this one lender say my score was below 700 and I knew it was bull crap as other lenders said it was fine. Something wrong with the vendor they were using to calculate the score the algorithm was way off. It could be that the vendor pulled the wrong credit report also but that's on them. Funny thing was the interest rate they quoted me wasn't higher than others.

When you get your free annual credit report they just give you the actual report data to review but no score as that is not part of the official report on file with each bureau. Each lender calculates their own score and the bureaus may have their own scoring as well. One of the more well known ones is the FICO score but there is apparently more than one FICO score available. So when you sign up with your credit card or bank to get a free credit score it has some kind of disclaimer that it is a ballpark and a lender may have a different score.
Appreciate 0