Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisa9977 View Post
I'm not the only one who had engine problems at the race track with M235. Friend on mine had the same engine failure at the different race track due to oil starvation. Same exact thing with his brand new car. His engine was replaced under factory warranty. May be warranty issues keep people from reporting track engine failures. Who knows.

I only did about 5 laps, but I they were timed laps driven 10/10. If I drove 9/10 may be I could've done 1000 laps. I drove a lots of different cars such as e46 M3, Porsche GT3, Audi R8, Renault Megan RS, Mercedes GTS, Ferrari 458 and many more at the same race track with the same pace with no problems.

If there was no problem with oil starvation, racing version M235R would't have oil sump and oil pan from M2. It's all depends on how much speed you carry through the corners and how hard you are driving. Standard car can take quite a bit of track driving, but I guess, its all depends.
You only did 5 laps before the engine failed?
Were you running the track CW or CCW?
Exactly what street tires were you running?
Were you running a tune?
What oil was in the car?

I've done track days and time attack events in the car at Big Willow here. 130mph sustained big sweepers. Logs show no oil temp or pressure issues.

Either way that's a very cool find with the M2 parts.

Last edited by Anthony235; 04-17-2018 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 0