View Single Post
      04-03-2023, 11:53 PM   #5
CT7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaq in the Ozarks View Post
Good morning to those on this wonderful forum! This is my first post as a two series owner I have been looking for a daily driver that would allow me to escape work and enjoy the back roads on a short workday and I think I found it in this little m240xi
Car is stock and appears well maintained with 32k miles.
Coming from 2019 m5 comp with BMW performance exhaust
Loved the car may have been a mistake to let her go but the m240xi is lots of smiles.
Plan to get to know her while winter lingers longer than expected
I would like to learn about tuning her to be a fun daily that could take the long way home through our beautiful Ozark mountains.

For reference I am not looking for a track car but a car that would be better sounding more engine performance smoother shifting and better handling braking Ing without losing date night usability and the ability to drive it to work in a hospital and not look like an old man trying to recapture a boy racer look.

Thinking bmw performance exhaust
Cold intake which one ?
MHD stage 1 tune
XHP transmission tune

Not clear about
Suspension and brake upgrades
Intercooler upgrades
What else ?
Too much?

Car was purchased with Michelin pilot sport AS 3 on the car
Will use them as it is 20 degrees this morning
Change for summer rubber soon enough
PS4 most likely

This will be my first car to upgrade after purchase
My 2015 911 targa 4s has some tech art body aero and exhaust work
Wouldn't do it again as tech art support has gotten poor.
Love the car but a bit flashy for daily work in the [...]
congrats! fellow m240 x drive owner here.
i would go with:
-an active autowerks catted downpipe
-mhd stage 2
-xhp stage 2 or 3

you can also check out some apex wheels and dinan lowering springs with bump stops. this is what i have prioritized in my build thus far.

the tune i recommended is MHD becuase it’s super easy to use compared to bootmod3 with the b58 platform you really only need to upgrade the downpipe to go stage 2. if you want to go stage 2+ you need an aftermarket high pressure fuel pump.

the stock airbox is really really good on the b58 but if i had to go with one i would go the cts turbo intake because of sound and price point is reasonable. (had one on my n55 and it sounded amazing compared to the others) just make sure you get the updated intake that doesn’t throw a CEL.

in a big continental guy i run extreme contact 245/35/18 squared. they have served me so well over the years.

i’m planning on deleting both my resonators soon for exhaust nodes (keeping stock muffler) if you look at some youtube vids of that same setup they sound pretty damn good. m performance exhaust also sounds great.

hope this helps don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Appreciate 1