View Single Post
      05-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #8
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Some comments from my initial researching of this same topic:
-I think the LCA retrofit won't work w/ xDrive Camber plates or the 'crash bolt' seem to be the only options (but hoping I'm wrong on this - I'm eating outside front tires too).
-I hear that replacing sway bars is a ton of work, and questionable benefits (ditto the strut braces), looks to me like it is better to put the extra $$$ into the coilovers and camber plates, and perhaps bushings/frame reinforcement.
-I haven't compared tires directly, but I went w/ Conti Extremecontacts, owing to a lot of complaints about the Michelins being especially susceptible to edge-wear. Mine have lasted 7 track days and all of last summer, now needing replacement before another track day (but not corded). I think I'm going to step up to Potenza s007's - grippier but still have good wet-traction, almost the same tread pattern as the Conti's.
-I did the MPerformance brake upgrade, but only b/c I had the tiny base brakes; 240 brakes are adequate, cooling vents are the biggest missing piece. And I'd put in a plug for Ferodo 2500's for a streetable track pad.
-not exactly a suspension mod, but get either a 4-point snap in (Schroth Profit) or a full harness. The difference in car control cannot be overstated. The ability to run a HANS is a nice bonus w/ this.
Appreciate 0