View Single Post
      11-23-2017, 06:14 AM   #2
Ron Jeffries
Old Member. Old in general, actually.
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i xDrive convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle Pilot View Post
1) Is the LSD really worth the money? Would I only need it if I plan on running the car on the track? It's a dang expensive part and I don't know if the bang is worth the buck.
2) I'm overwhelmed as to what exhaust to get. There are so many combos and YouTube videos of exhaust sounds. I was leaning towards the full Dinan exhaust but I've also heard good things about the Dinan mid pipe along with the MPE. What about Remus?
3) Dinan doesn't have an intake yet for the M240i. Any other suggestions? Or just wait for the Dinan intake to come out?

Finally... I'm well aware that none of these items is going to add value to my car. They would hopefully add value to my driving life, though!
I wished I had the LSD on my 135is. It would try to lift the rear inside wheel on rapid starts from a stop sign with a right turn, on a corner I visit often. It may have been trying to brake that wheel but the result too often was that it would kill power. If you're not experiencing that, the LSD may not be worth the money unless you have it to burn.

I've put the MPE on my M240i xDrive convertible and am not entirely pleased with the sound. The 135is was more raspy and did more popping. (The popping is more due to the ECU than to the exhaust, I suspect.) So if you like noise, my guess is you'll want to do more than just MPE. It wold be nice if you could listen to some examples. Videos might help.

No opinion on the intake. The car has plenty of power right out of the box for my taste. I'm not sure what I'd do with more, but probably I'm getting old.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0