06-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #98
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishowerinjager View Post
Your last sentence is literally exactly what they do.

The purpose is to have the port add the M performance parts all at one time and you get a great deal on them.

You usually get a bmw individual color for free and an interior that is only available in M cars.

All for a price of about 3000 more than a fully loaded car without any m performance parts.
While this is accurate, it's from a retail BMW price point. Another thing to note is that these cars come with all options, none spared. The same car, loaded without the M bits was about $56k CDN, and the M Performance car was $59,900 CDN. So from that perspective, an outsider coming in would definitely see the value of having everything from the factory, included and discounted. I haven't added up all of the M bits to see a true MSRP on just the parts, though. Then there's paint, and installation costs to factor in as well.

Either way, if you can get it on the car from the factory for the same or better than buying it afterwards, go for it. Otherwise I think a few members here have gone full M performance kit on their cars and have came in less than it would have cost from BMW, but they did a lot themselves. It's cosmetic up to the LSD, at which point you'll have to factor in that cost as well.
Appreciate 0