View Single Post
      05-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #96
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau_Rouge111 View Post
Without an LSD...no point even publishing numbers for risk of embarrassment for the 340. Pretty sure that Civic has a pretty trick LSD to lay down that lap...plus much lighter and better tuned suspension than the 340i...im pretty sure the 340i would get smoked time wise. Honda can build a pretty fast road car....can't build a modern F1 engine to save their lives...sorry McLaren....but can build a pretty fast road car
Taking Honda's claim that the rollcage that was fitted and other 'minor' mods to make the car safer on the track didn't affect it's performance compared with the stock Type R, the biggest difference from the road car was the use of Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres. These tyres seem to be worth about 2 seconds per minute of lap time compared with the Michelin Super Sport tyre, based on info in various online forums and Michelin's insinuations. Honda will probably sell the Type R with ContiSport 6 tyres, so if we take them as equivalent to the PSS, the Type R would lap the Nurburgring in about 7:59 on stock tyres. The M2 did it in 7:58 in stock configuration, so an M240i would likely be slower, but not by much.
Appreciate 1