View Single Post
      05-16-2017, 10:20 AM   #68
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Even though part of me feels like they are over-diluting the brand with all these minor variations, I am also impressed at how effective they have been at parsing out separate preferences. At this point I'm pretty sure that there is a BMW for most everyone, but not the same one. For every person who felt like the M2 was finally 'it' there are others who feel the same way about the 240, 228, or 335. Even the packages impart a lot of difference - I was surprised how much difference there was when I did one of those 'drive for the cause' events - I'd assumed that a 335 was about like a 235, but WAY different (and at the end of that day, I wouldn't have traded my 228ix for any of them - reassuring to me, but probably not the effect they were looking for as they desperately tried to interest me in the 5 and 7 series). I'll refrain from arguing back at the other poster's enthusiastic bashing of anyone who disagrees - one aspect of human nature that we can't evolve out of soon enough for my taste.
Appreciate 0