Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 CSL View Post
I understand your point in theory.

However, in reality I think whoever buys this over a M2 should see a psychologist.

Somehow, somewhere deep down inside they must not feel worthy of true M goodness.

There's something holding them back.

It's just a slightly less good M2 for the same price. M2 is just fine for a daily driver.
The M2 is a great car, don't get me wrong, but it could have been better. The M240i's engine is arguably better producing almost as much horsepower and more torque. I am also pretty sure that it can easily be tuned to outperform the M2's in horsepower too. When equipped with the LSD, I would not be surprised that the M240i would provide 9/10ths of the M2's performance and handling without having to live with its harder suspension. By the way many car companies can produce very compliant suspension (Porsche) without compromising handling...

Some like to drive a sleeper car, less exuberant looking car than the M2, that's why the M240i has its place in the lineup.
Based on your same argument, you could tune the the M2. Imho - BMW continues to overlap and water down the M Brand.