Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4life24 View Post
Is BMWs xDrive worth it on a car like the M235i? Or is the performance not going to be the same? I understand it will have better 0-60 times, but how about the handling of the vehicle? Or 40-60 times.

I'm debating between the M235i and the 2015 Golf R. The Golf R is also an all-wheel drive but can shift all power to rear wheels when needed. Will BMWs xDrive do the same?

Anyone who has experience with a BMW xDrive sports car...if you can help me out here it will be greatly appreciated.
I have driven 650i, 650i Xdrive, and M6 on Track (Monticello, NY) for a few hours.

You can research how the Xdrive system works so I won't go into tech specs on that.

1st, Xdrive system is very capable on track. very fun, very fast, solid, stable, and feels very neutral all throughout the track. I was simply surprised at how any of the 6 series can be so capable on the track because I thought they were supposed to be touring cars.

Once I hit the first corner in the RWD 6 series, I started to appreciate the lightness and nimbleness of the RWD car. there was easily noticeable lightness to it even from the acceleration. RWD is simply a better car on the track. RWD was more fun but I'm not saying xdrive isn't fun at all. If I were to rate the performance aspect of each car on 1-10 scale, I would put the Xdrive at 7, RWD at 8.5, and M6 at 10.

M6 on track is in another league. Monster of a car. it has so much torque that I was turning the car with the throttle with ease. very stable, rock solid, super HP, super TQ, and super grip.

So back to your question, is xdrive worth it on M235? IMO, no, xdrive doesn't belong on the 2 series. we have 3 series for that. 2 series is supposed to be a fun car. if you get a lot of snow, put on some blizzaks and you will be more than fine with RWD. How I know? I used to drive my S2000 in the winter on blizzaks for 2 years without a problem.

no comment on 0-60 times or 40-60 times...

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0