View Single Post
      08-31-2017, 05:30 PM   #36
E90Yehar
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Coupe M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashkastorm View Post
Performance improvements aside, how noticeable is the change in sound using the K&N drop in over the stock filter? Can you describe it?
I added an AFE Air Scoop and a HP Autowerks foam air filter to my BMW 428i M-Sport equipped with Dinantronics Performance Tuner, Stage 1 and a Dinan Performance exhaust. This moves a lot more air into the system, and turbos love cold air. I didn't notice any seat of the pants effect, but I added everything incrementally. The sound is really good, and it feels less restricted so I imagine with the tune it may have added a couple of ponies. BMW really blew it with the N26 engine and had I known that is was so restrictive, I would not have bought it. I think the intake was designed to only allow so much air into cylinder chambers at a time no matter what you do. It is still a great car, but you can only take it so far. The BMW focus should be on building the best 4 & 6 cylinders in the world. Then there would not be any reason to engineer restriction into a particular model.

Last edited by E90Yehar; 08-31-2017 at 05:35 PM..
Appreciate 0