12-11-2007, 03:08 AM   #48
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
im not saying they are. i have surprised a few cars, and one followed me, told me to pull over to talk about my car (SL65). But i know for a fact 350Z's and G35's are easy (i owned a G35 before this)

what surprised me is the guy had no license plate yet, and the car looked 100% stock. he doesnt even have wheels or exhaust or anything at all
His car was probably modified. I'm one of those who modify my cars and cosmetic stuff usually does not get budgeted. No rims, no body kit.

My old supra looks totally stock, but all the money went into the engine and no one would know by looking at it the car has been modified. I take the stealth approach to modding. Why? Dunno, probably because when I was in high school/college, I drove around in a modded 82 Toyota Celica GT with a mitcom body kit. It was a hot little car back in the day, but the attention I get causes some to want to beat their chest and try to egg me on to race . The Celica was a sheep in wolves clothing. I get a better overall feeling of satisfaction when some hot shot in their cosmetically modd'ed car want to race me and I blow 'em away in an otherwise stock looking car. They drive away with their tail between their legs wondering what happened?
Appreciate 0