den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
I find Shell to be the worse... I actually you Mobil at 7eleven... because I'm cheap and like the savings when I lock a good price in lol

Our cars are very similar but you do have a lot more hardware haha Wagner Competition IC | Wagner Catless DP | Evolution Raceworks IC Pipes | Dynan CAI!!! I'm surprised you haven't gone for a proper exhaust and a proper tune... any reasoning?
I could very well be wrong, but my thinking is the only part of the exhaust that makes a real difference, in terms of performance, is the downpipe. I replaced the rear-section, primarily, to improve the sound. I don't think removing the resonator, or changing the centre section, will make any difference.

I don't know enough about a "proper tune" vs the JB4 to comment. What are the benefits of a tune?
You're right, in terms of performance dp is where you get majority of the gains, but freeing up the midpipe gives you extra as well, which includes sound... personally I wouldn't do all 3... id do dp and leave the rest stock or cat back exhaust.

As for the tune, a "flash" tune is a proper tune, while jb4 is a piggyback which "trick" the engine into thinking something that's not. Flash tune is a lot more consistent and gains are more (mate switched from jb4 240kw atw to flash 267kw ate)
Appreciate 0