View Single Post
      09-08-2015, 08:26 AM   #15
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

I hate that they are using salt on the roads here in Sweden during the winter times such a pita, But unfortunately have to due to all the worthless drivers in this country oh well maybe not country but my town at least, The minute it starts freezing a little bit maybe bellow 0 to -2 & -5c they rush out the salt trucks spray the damn roads with the thing and it just turns in to a nightmare specially if you have a white car.

Even though its been proven time after time that salt both damages the cars, nature & roads as well and causes the asphalt to crackle and break cause it goes down in to the asphalt when the salt has melted ice and turns it in to water, Takes the water all the way down in to the asphalt and when it goes bellow -10 as it usually does during the night time in the winter here the damn salt is worthless and freezes the water turns it to ice then expands and breaks apart the asphalt.

They have been told time after time to stop using the damn thing and they refuse to stop. Got damn government bullies.

So my self and as many others here in Sweden we don't drive our cars between 31 st of October to 31 st of Mars when the snow starts to melt for real but it probably isn't until middle of may when you can be sure that the snow won't return.

So how do we get around well, We buy cheap cars for around 500-1000€ and use them as winter toys instead.

As long as they keep salting the roads we won't be driving our cars during that time, Cause they sure as hell won't pay us for salt damage and everyone who drives around with spikes on their tires, that causes more damage then a stone chip and in worst case a rusty spike hits you then your done for.

*Stone Chips.
*Salt.
*Spikes.
*Giant Snow piles that can contain hidden concrete stuff in case you hit something like that.
*Terrible drivers that will eventually hit you.
*Freeze Damage on the car.
*Having to wash the car every week.
*Ginormous drop in Value of the car if driven during the winter times.

And many more reasons why you shouldn't drive your nice car during the winter times in Sweden at least.
Appreciate 0