View Single Post
      11-02-2018, 04:45 PM   #7
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
228i Likely mid thirties and wanted to get into a BMW but something small and economical and liked the 2 door style. No mods. Usually drives in comfort mode. Rather drive a new 3 or 4 series if they could afford it.

If you live in a place where it snows, add X drive for above.
Quite off in my case! 228i bought at age 60 after driving and rejecting 3 and 4 Series for being too big/boaty feeling. (Subsequently added 3GT as the "family car"). Could have purchased one of each, so affordability was not a factor. RWD and 6MT in the middle of the midwest snow belt, just like the car it replaced for those 6 years. Mods? See the list below. Chose the 228i and not M235i at the time due to preference for lighter front ends for nimbler feel...and also more reminescent of 2002s and my earlier 3 Series (which was a smaller car at the time - 1977!) 4 has plenty of power, but enjoying the better balance/steering responsiveness, even more with the M2 LCAs installed. Always in Sport mode, unless my wife is riding with me.

How does all that fit your paradigm?
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner

Last edited by Sportstick; 11-02-2018 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 3