View Single Post
      12-10-2017, 10:57 AM   #45
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayscott View Post
Ok, thanks. I was hesitant, retired here and I don't want any $$$issues down the road. If I decide to do this install should I mention this to my BMW dealer as I have a friend who owns a business, works only on Eureopean cars and is Dinan certified so he will do the install. He assured me that BMW/Dinan would cover any issues with a Dinan install. He has never had any major issues with a stage 1 Dinan tuner. And the dealer has been very good to me as I have 2 BMW's. It looks like it is easy to remove in case any issues do come up.
The first thing I noticed w/ my M240i after the install..Starting the car and pulling away, i have zero hesitation in comfort mode like I did prior. I did a number of dead stop starts on the way home just to see if I was imagining things and I was pleasantly surprised I was not.

The car is very fast w/ the tune. I find myself rarely going to "Sport Mode" as I get more than enough power in comfort mode. If I want to spice things up a bit, I move just the shifter to the m/s position for more aggressive shift points and more engine braking.

In sport mode w/ shift lever to the m/s, the car is a beast.

I'm still getting 26.X MPG in town with it. I couldn't be happier considering the car can run w/ the big boys should I choose to, I may not win, but I'll be right on their tail.

One last thing, I find I still have some hesitation if I do not come to a complete stop. Like pausing as you roll up to an intersection before going, there is a hesitation. But again, that's a rare instance...dead stops are perfect.

Last edited by USA-RET; 12-10-2017 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0