09-02-2022, 02:46 PM   #18
stevengiang03
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by atek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Make sure whatever one you buy has a good maintenance record and of course the lower the mileage the less stuff that would have been due for maintenance. Determine if a car was tuned/is tuned and then ask about what tuning, what stage, does it/did it have supporting mods. The B58 motor is very reliable and can be tuned to have lots of power but only if it is done safely (like every motor) and with adequate log reviews to ensure all the metrics look clean.

If you are going with RWD try to find one with an LSD, or go with Xdrive. I wouldn't buy a RWD one without an LSD or without a plan to quickly have one installed-- I did that this summer and it was $2200 plus labor and my car needed it bad.
While the LSD is definintely nice and quite honestly should have been standard, I wouldn't say it makes or breaks the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenscj21 View Post
As a newer owner of an F22 N20 RWD without LSD, can you advise why?

Just looking to be educated on the issue
I have a RWD M235i w/o the LSD, and its still bonkers fun and fast. You can still have amazing corning grip and out of corner traction on power, I've out run cars faster that have an LSD. All about driver skill.

I also used to own an open diff S14 240sx where I learned alot about car control and open drift cornering/drifting.

I'm sure BMW purposely left out the LSD on the F2X series because it would quite literally be as fast if not faster than an M2 and previous gen M3 - and BMW can't have that.

On topic for OP :

-Ask if the Tail Lamp fault has been fixed
-Make sure service is up to date
Quote:
Originally Posted by atek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Make sure whatever one you buy has a good maintenance record and of course the lower the mileage the less stuff that would have been due for maintenance. Determine if a car was tuned/is tuned and then ask about what tuning, what stage, does it/did it have supporting mods. The B58 motor is very reliable and can be tuned to have lots of power but only if it is done safely (like every motor) and with adequate log reviews to ensure all the metrics look clean.

If you are going with RWD try to find one with an LSD, or go with Xdrive. I wouldn't buy a RWD one without an LSD or without a plan to quickly have one installed-- I did that this summer and it was $2200 plus labor and my car needed it bad.
While the LSD is definintely nice and quite honestly should have been standard, I wouldn't say it makes or breaks the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenscj21 View Post
As a newer owner of an F22 N20 RWD without LSD, can you advise why?

Just looking to be educated on the issue
I have a RWD M235i w/o the LSD, and its still bonkers fun and fast. You can still have amazing corning grip and out of corner traction on power, I've out run cars faster that have an LSD. All about driver skill.

I also used to own an open diff S14 240sx where I learned alot about car control and open drift cornering/drifting.

I'm sure BMW purposely left out the LSD on the F2X series because it would quite literally be as fast if not faster than an M2 and previous gen M3 - and BMW can't have that.

On topic for OP :

-Ask if the Tail Lamp fault has been fixed
-Make sure service is up to date
Yeah I have checked with my buddy and everything is up to date and we'll taken care of!
Appreciate 0