United_States
Rep
Drives: CM E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by msendit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8_M235i View Post
Here's some footage from today.
Looks like a good time. First time with these Falkens? Any impressions? Seems like the fronts were having a hard time from the video...

Bummer about the charge pipe and missing track time. At least it's a trivial fix.

I was kicking myself for not bringing clamps along this weekend, too. Borrowed my friend's Miata and the exhaust hangers tore on track, clamps would've been the perfect fix. We ended up just ziptying it together and kept going
It was my first time using them on this car. I think they definitely prefer a lighter car, but they still were easy enough to manage. I think they would also like a little more front camber, but I can't add any more because my springs would hit the strut towers.

I'm a big fan of them just because of how long they last. Falken actually just came out with a replacement 200tw which I'm going to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8_M235i View Post
Here's some footage from today.
Thanks for posting your video.

We can see your hand move to the shifter, but were you in 4th gear all the way around?

I would shift into fifth on the main straight, down shift 5,4,3 into 1, use 3rd for turns 1,2, and 3, and then shift back into 4th on the back straight before the uphill and use 4th for the rest.

I tried using 3rd one lap up the hill, but the revs jumped way more in 3rd when the car got light, so I stuck with 4th. I was trying to be (somewhat) nice to the car.
1998 S54 E36 M3 BMWCCA Club Racing #532 CM
1995 E36 M3 Sunbelt S52
Appreciate 1
dradernh4413.00