View Single Post
      06-11-2020, 09:59 PM   #4
K8_M235i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: CM E36

Here's some footage from today. I had a great time, Limerock is a very fun and challenging track. Given that this was a track night in America event, there weren't a ton of traffic free laps, but I made the most of it and had a great time.

Towards the end of the second session I got a drivetrain malfunction and greatly reduced power. Towards the end of big bend you can actually see the car die. I tried restarting it, but it didn't sound good so I tried shutting it off again. It sounded like it was down a cylinder and all I could hear was a big vacuum. I didn't want to start it until I read the codes so I got flat towed back.

When I read the codes I was confused because they pointed towards a blown charge pipe. I have an evolution racewerks pipe that I installed before my stock one got the chance to blow. At this point I realized that the loud vacuum noise was probably the sound of my car being NA for a brief moment. The charge pipe must of somehow managed to recouple itself slightly because when I started it up everything seemed normal aside from a slight whistle. I felt the middle of the charge pipe and sure enough the rubber coupler was ready to fall off the upper portion of the pipe. I decided to clear the codes, skip the last session, and drive home while trying to stay out of boost.

This weekend I'll reattach the coupler fully and make sure to get the clamps nice and tight before Palmer on Tuesday.

1998 S54 E36 M3 BMWCCA Club Racing #532 CM
1995 E36 M3 Sunbelt S52
Appreciate 3
msendit424.00
dradernh4413.00