Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I like the potato idea, think I'll go with chicken parm, potatos and some form of greens (thinking brussel sprouts or asparagus, neither of which i know how to make but either i love to enjoy).

Potatoes are great - do them sometime if not that dinner.

Asparagus - super easy too. I tend to like the thinner asparagus cooked so it isn't mushy (though I like that way too)...just little bone in it still is my preference.

I take the end (the bulky fibrous end) and place my other hand about halfway up the stem (but little more towards the end and snap it wherever it decides to snap. Be different for each, but that way, you should be left with the good stuff and not the fibrous crap that tastes awful.

So snap them all, throw them in a frying pan of appropriate size for the amount you bought, don't want too big a pan, and slather on a decent amount of butter and cook at medium heat. Also add some kosher salt at this point, get the butter all over all the asparagus, just turn them around till they are good. Once it starts to heat up a little, but pretty early on in the process, I like to then add lemon juice over top as a base for it to cook in. At this point, once the lemon juice gets hot, they steam cook pretty fast, so watch them. They should turn a nice bright green and they are good to go if you want them with a bit of a bone in the middle, or leave them a little longer and they'll get softer.

So butter, kosher salt, and lemon juice.
After what you just did to asparagus, u just lost my vote

Break, steam, enjoy