View Single Post
      05-17-2016, 08:54 PM   #95
djarchow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

Here is something to be aware of. I posted this in another thread related to another problem I was having but this seems to be a better place for people to see it.

After loading a new tune last night I noticed on the way to work today that my amp kept cutting out every now and then. It seemed random. My park distance control beeping was also weird and inconsistent.

Tonight when I left work I stepped on the brake to put the car in gear and the amp cut out. Turning on the headlights does the same thing. This was the same problem that was causing the beeping for PDC to be inconsistent; I was applying the brakes while backing up and the amp cut out.

There must be some low level electrical noise when hitting the brakes or turning on the head lights and the software in the amp thinks I want to switch to the AUX inputs which mutes the main inputs. I tried fixing it by going into the DCM tab in the software and switching the AUX channels from auto-detection to manual but then I got no sound at all even though I am not using the AUX inputs. I fixed it by setting the signal detection level to 0db and this seemed to stop the problem.

The values for the auto detection were the default values for the HK tune posted here on the forum and others may have the same issue. If I hadn't noticed the cutout coinciding with pressing the brakes I was going to tear the trunk apart again and look loose connections.
Appreciate 2
Zooks527309.50