View Single Post
      04-03-2021, 02:41 PM   #58
surge98
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW m240i

I finally got around to trying this in my 2021 m240i with the premium system. After 100 miles on F45, I think I like it better than the stock F22 new. But I'm a little surprised to hear everyone saying that the subs hit so much harder on this setting. I hear a slight improvement in the bass, but I still have my bass setting turned up about 2/3 of the way. I've started to wonder if there's an issue with my subs, I hear only a modest difference between bass all the way up and bass all the way down.

I'm always curious as to what type of music others who have tried this are listening to? The biggest complaint I have about the HK premium system is that the mids always sound scooped. I mostly listen to a variety of rock music, ripped to FLAC format and stored on the music drive. Speaking as a guitar player, rock music lives in the midrange.

For a factory system, the premium Logic 7 stereo I had in my old 128i was excellent. I don't necessarily regret getting the premium HK system, but it's nowhere near as good. Maybe I just need to spend some more time tweaking it, but I would love to find a reasonably-priced upgrade that can help dial in some mids.
Appreciate 0