View Single Post
      01-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #4
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Which tires, diff, etc. have you put on your car? Do you like them - are they ones you think you'll stick with, at least for a while?
Right now I'm running 245 / 265 RE71-r. I like that setup, but the car's still fairly heavy and a little sluggish on the turn in. It could use more tire all around. I'll stick with what I have for the next few months, but I'm thinking of fender flares + 285s square longer term.

Looking at your signature, you've gotten 255/35/18-s to fit in the front? Was that with fender work? A bit hard to find grippy tires in that size, but it sounds like I should give the R888Rs a shot.

For the diff, I have the 3-clutch LSD from Dan at diffsonline. I don't think I'm a good enough driver yet to feel differences from ramp angles and lock yet, so I'll stick with it for a while.

For braking, I run Pagid RS29 on the stock Brembo calipers with Stoptech slotted rotors. Seems to be enough stopping power to lock up with these tires, and the pagids last surprisingly long (6-7 days for the fronts). Maybe it's just me, but I really liked the change to the stoptech rotors -- felt I could trailbrake with a lot more confidence. As is, a BBK probably won't help too much, but 285 tires will probably change that.

Other than that, solid bushings (thrust arms, subframe, diff), Hotchiks sway bars (32mm and 19mm), KW V3s. Haven't outgrown them yet, so no need to change.

Oh yeah, and an Eventuri intake, because carbon fiber bling.
Appreciate 0