cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Did nearly nothing here. I hope the predictions for the Northeast are overstated. NBC Nightly News on Friday night started with "70 million at risk!!" but we knew there wasn't much risk here. Mostly just concern about power outages.
They hype everything. People get tired of them being wrong and then when the threat is real, no one believes it.

The year before Sandy, they called two evacuations and the storms went bust. There was a family that lived a few blocks from me on the water. They evacuated the year before and their place got looted. They decided to stay put for Sandy. A storm surge came in and literally pulled the husband, wife and daughter out of the second floor of the house when the water went back out. Two of them died.

My SO had his police radio with him that night. The calls were heartbreaking. People who stayed put were going up to the 2nd floor, then to the roofs calling for help. The streets were flooded with downed power lines and no one could get to them. I will never forget the that night.
vreihen1615268.00
RickFLM410974.50