GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunka View Post
That is the way people want them outside the enthusiast community: bloated and stuffed to the brim with luxury options.
Pretty much, the average lark just walks on the lot with the roundel in their eyes and buys whatever boring black, white, or silver car the dealer has and probably isn't even really aware of the available options.

Most people out there probably don't even know what xenons are and have been blind to the fact that half the cars on the road have obviously different headlights and have for the last fifteen years, and I can't remember the last time I saw M sport anything at my local dealers, which are both large ones. I don't even remember the last time I saw an M sport anything on the road. Granted I live in the north, so all the dealers do is order 15 copies of the same black xdrive whatever with wonky options that drive the price to mid 40s and line them up on the lot waiting for the larks to arrive.

I used to think people made informed decisions about cars, then I realized if you mentioned xenons to the average person they would look at you like you had three heads, then say they don't know what you're talking about even after explaining it, and then finally just saying they don't care. lol.

Us wanting M sport and all the fun options and fun colors are not the norm.

If I buy a 2, I'd want to order it since I know no dealer will stock exactly what I want, but it would still be nice to see/drive an M sport 2 so I can get a good look/impression before ordering.
You are spot on.

When was the last time your dealer had a stick shift car in stock?!

Bottom line is that us enthusiasts are a tiny piece of the BMW driving pie.

Tell a sales guy you want to order M-Performance parts and it's more likely than not that will look at you as though you are from outer space.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0