View Single Post
      09-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #66
GFK007
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I know your pain -- there aren't a lot of good alternatives, which is why I had 2 E82s.

My main fear is that my December 10 date arrives and there hasn't been enough coverage of the production M235 for me to feel comfortable ordering one, or I have missed my chance to "get a spot in line" for one of the first ones to roll off the line.

I have ruled out the CLA AMG--I am not sold on the looks. There's no guarantee that the S3 from Audi will even make it here, so.....I might just get a GTI or something and wait for the M2...

Decisions, decisions...
Fortunately, I put down a $500 deposit a few months ago, just to guarantee that I was one of the first in line for the 2, but I was under the impression that we would know a lot more about the car at this point.

The CLA, in my opinion, is just downright ugly. Would have considered an s3 sedan, but no manual is a deal breaker. Also would have looked at a Golf R, but it doesn't appear to be coming to the U.S.

Somewhere in this blog I saw a post about the 2 having a scheduled official reveal in October, with production starting in November. Can only hope that this is the case.

(gone but not forgotten) 2011 e90 M Sport - M-Tech Carbon Diffuser, OEM Carbon Trunk Spoiler, 20% tint, black reflectors, black OEM grille, LUX white Angel Eyes.
Appreciate 0