United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
My 2 cents..

I'm always concerned when people tell novices/intermediate drivers that they are OK with a street pad or hybrid pad on the track. Those are the type of drivers that tend to use the brakes way more than a high level driver. Though novice drivers may not always be braking at the limit they tend to brake really early or when it's not required giving less time for the brakes to cool down on the track. So again, I would not categorize the Yellows as a good track pad. Can you drive it on a track? Sure, you can drive any pad on the track and call it a street/track pad.

Also I've seen many time a novice driver with a RS3, RE71, R comp tire, etc with street/hybrid pads. This will cook the brakes even quicker.

You can also add a column to your sheet that says "Tire Category".
Pagid Yellow - Up to "Extreme Performance Summer" >200 tread wear. Some R comps depending on vehicle weight.

EBC Yellow - Up "Max Performance Summer". Some "EPS" depending on vehicle weight.

tires, brakes, fluid need too all work together on the track otherwise there is no point.

For the street fluid is not as important, but you need to have a pad that offers maximum braking at street temps and a tire that can offer the grip to take advantage of the pad in a panic stop.
I'm just speaking from experience. I've run the yellows with RS3s, braided lines, and Torque 700 fluid at Buttonwillow and I never had any real brake fade. YMMV. Worked fine for me though.